Collection of Personal Data
The Visitor doesn’t have to submit any Personal Data in order to use this Site. This Site collects only personally identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by Visitors. Such Personal Data may consist of, but is not limited to, Visitors’ name, email address, telephone number, country and profile.
Ontex will only collect, use and share your Personal Data where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis for doing so. Ontex’ basis for collecting Personal Data depends on the purpose of collection and hence are:
(i) in our legitimate interest, subject always to your interests and fundamental rights. For example we use Personal Data in order to ensure that this Site functions properly and that we protect this Site and your Personal Data against unauthorized access;
(ii) for the execution of a contract in case you are a customer placing or asking information about an order or about our products, or to take steps to enter into a contract;
(iii) based on consent, in such cases as required by law. For example the sending of direct marketing. You can withdraw your consent to any processing activity we carry out on this basis;
(iv) compliance with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have.
If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for which we process Personal Data please contact us using the Contact section on the Ontex site.
Use of Personal Data
Personal Data is used only for limited purposes:
- When the Visitor registers with this Site to gain access to specific content or request future communications about Ontex, Ontex may use the Personal Data submitted by Visitor to create a personal profile to customize Ontex’ response to further requests or inquiries.
- Ontex may also use the Personal Data to customize the Visitors’ web experience on the Site. When the Visitor chooses to register online for an Ontex-hosted event Ontex will use the information submitted by Visitor to respond to the Visitor.
- Ontex will ensure that marketing activities comply with applicable law, and has implemented procedures to obtain necessary consents before sending the Visitor email containing information about Ontex offerings. Visitor may at any time request that Ontex discontinues sending him/her such materials.
Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
We will disclose Visitors’ Personal Data among Ontex Affiliates, where such disclosure is necessary to provide you with our services and to manage our business.
Although Ontex may provide Visitors’ Personal Data to service providers that handle information on its behalf, Ontex will not share the information with third parties for secondary or unrelated purposes unless otherwise disclosed to the Visitor at the point of collection. These service providers with whom we share Visitors’ Personal Data have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use of any Personal Data we share with them will be solely for the purposes of providing the contracted service to us. These service providers include IT service providers who help manage our IT and back office systems.
If in the future, Ontex sells or transfers some or all of its business or assets to a third party, Ontex may disclose Personal Data to a potential or actual third party purchaser of Ontex business or assets.
Some of the ways in which Ontex shares Visitors’ Personal Data will include transfers outside the European Economic Area, including in countries that may not offer the same level of data protection as in the European Economic Area. Ontex has taken and will continue to take appropriate safeguards so that Personal Data remain subject to appropriate level of protection in accordance with applicable data protection law for the purposes identified above. These include implementing the EU Model Clauses, requiring third parties to have appropriate protection in place, firewalls, passwords, etc.
Where appropriate, Personal Data may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or third parties where necessary or desirable to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests or for the purposes identified above. Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we will carefully validate these requests before any Personal Data is disclosed.
You have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place (including a copy of relevant contractual commitments) to ensure the adequate protection of your Personal Data when these are transferred as mentioned above.
Access to Personal Data
Ontex is dedicated to providing reasonable access to Visitors who wish to review the Personal Data retained when they register with this Site and correct any inaccuracies it may contain. Visitors who choose to register may access their Visitor profile, correct and update their details, or unsubscribe at any time. If the Site does not allow Visitors to access and update their profile or if Visitors have any problem accessing their profiles, or would like to request a copy of their Personal Data, they should contact Ontex using the Contact section on the Ontex site. In all cases Ontex will treat requests to access Personal Data or change Personal Data in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Your rights as a data subject
As a Visitor you have the right to access your Personal Data as described above. You also have the following rights:
- To request that your Personal Data be corrected or deleted. Ontex will seek to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data before correcting it. The right to delete your Personal Data can only be exercised in limited circumstances e.g. where it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; where you have withdrawn your consent (if this was the legal basis); following a successful exercise of your right to object; where your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed; or where your Personal Data must be erased in order for Ontex to comply with its legal obligation. Ontex is however not required to comply with your request to delete your Personal Data where your Personal Data needs to be processed for compliance with our legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- To restrict the processing of your Personal Data. This applies where (i) the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested, in which case, we will process it to allow us to verify its accuracy; (ii) where the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; (iii) where it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iv) you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
- To object to the processing of your Personal Data. This applies to Personal Data which we process based on our legitimate interest, and you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. You can also request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes and that we do not transfer your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties for the purpose of direct marketing or any other purposes.
- To request any Personal Data that has been transmitted by you to Ontex in a machine readable format or to have it transferred directly to another controller, but in each case, only where: the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- To obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your Personal Data is transferred outside the European Economic Area. We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
- To launch a complaint if you are of the opinion your Personal Data is not appropriately handled by Ontex. Ontex is highly valuing your privacy and would kindly request that for any questions or concerns you have on the use of your Personal Data, you contact us by using the Contact section on the Ontex site.
Information security and retention of Personal Data
Ontex has in place market conform standards of technology and operational security to protect all Personal Data provided by Visitors from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, the transmission of Personal Data via the Internet is never without risk and the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect user ID and passwords please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
The Personal Data is kept for a term as is needed for the purpose for which it was collected e.g. in order to respond to your query, or to perform our contract with you, in case you are a customer. Ontex may keep your personal information for a longer term if required by law, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, to retain Personal Data. In specific circumstances we store your Personal Data for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
Please contact us by using the Contact section on the Ontex site if you have any questions regarding how long we store your Personal Data.
Children’s privacy protection
Limitation of liability
Ontex takes all reasonable measures to ensure confidentiality of the Personal Data communicated by the Visitor. Each Visitor however acknowledges that transmission of Personal Data via the Internet is never without risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Visitor agrees, therefore, that any possible direct or indirect damage that he or she would suffer following an illegal or wrongful use of his or her Personal Data by third parties who do not have authorization to do so, can never be allocated to nor recovered from Ontex.
You have the right to launch a complaint if you are of the opinion your Personal Data is not appropriately handled by Ontex. Ontex’ lead Data Protection Authority is the Belgian Data protection Authority (www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be), whom you can contact in such case. You have also the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before your local supervisory authority.
Social Media and Networks
When you use the buttons Facebook and/or YouTube, Personal Data relating to your identification are automatically communicated to these social networks. You also have the possibility to share on social networks some information or contents present on this site. This use is governed by the conditions of use of the said social network that we invite you to consult.